Rosehip Oil: Brighten
1:30 min. read
A punch of C
"The primary positive effects of rosehip extracts are due to their antioxidant activity. A number of studies have identified substances with antioxidant activity, primarily polyphenols, flavonoids and β-carotene." .” (Angelov, Boyadzhieva, & Georgieva, 2014)
Rosehip oil is collected from small fruits that lay beneath the roses while they are in bushes. The best quality oil is extracted from rose bushes in specific regions in Chile and South Africa, but it’s readily available worldwide. It has been praised for its qualities for centuries and is now a common ingredient in many fantastic skincare products.
This oil is packed with vitamins A & C, which help diminish signs of aging and repair damaged skin. It has plenty of antioxidant ingredients and essential fatty acids, which nourish the skin and provide suppleness. Its astringent properties diminish the appearance of pores and brighten the skin´s complexion.
When combined, anti-inflammatory fatty acids and vitamins A & C, the result is a potent mixture that can fade scars and hyperpigmentation. This unique combo can also provide protection from damage from oxidation and boost the skin’s collagen production.
Keep this in your pocket!
Ayurvedic Ancient Wisdom
Ayurveda has adopted this ingredient and is now a part of its most helpful solutions. It is beneficial for all skin types, as it nourishes Vata, soothes Pitta, and helps with Kapha breakouts.
- High in Omegas 3 & 6, it´s a magnificent emollient and enhances the skin barrier function
- Reduces the size of blemishes due to its linoleic acid content
- Packed with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 & K, its regenerative and healing attributes are unmatched
- Rich in vitamin E and anthocyanin, this oil is useful when treating inflammatory skin conditions
You can find Rosehip Oil in our Regenerating Serum, which is great for everybody, but ideal for dry & mature skin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.