Rice Bran Oil: Replenish Moisture & Regenerate
1:20 min. read
“In an in vivo assessment of nanoemulsions developed using 10% RBO [Rice Bran Oil], it was found to have good potential for use in cosmetic products due to its improved skin moisture, low irritation potential, and maintained normal skin pH when applied to human skin.” (Garba, Singanusong, Jiamyangyuen, & Thongsook, 2017)
Rice bran oil, which comes from rice, or Oryza sativa, has been a staple in Asian skincare products since 7000 B.C. It has been incorporated into cleansers, soaps, creams, toners, powders, you name it.
Rice bran oil favorably protects and soothes skin due to its squalene content. It is an exceptional hydrating and anti-aging ingredient and a potent antioxidant because of its beta-carotene content.
Keep this in your pocket!
Ayurvedic Ancient Wisdom
Ayurveda has definitely integrated this oil to many of its practices, ranging from Abhyanga, or oil self-massaging, to skincare mixtures. This oil, ideally cold-pressed, is obtained from rice bran, the hard, outermost rice layer.
It is excellent for all skin types. It moisturizes dry skin such as Vata, treats inflammatory issues such as rosacea, provides relief for Pitta´s delicate and sensitive skin, and balances Kapha´s tendency to excessive oiliness.
- Due to its ferulic acid levels, it is also a great defense against pollution and UV rays.
- Gamma-oryzanol, an unusual ingredient, is a unique antioxidant that helps improve circulation and even skin tone while also aiding in reducing under-eye puffiness.
- Thiamine and niacin help soothe irritated skin. Both aid in the treatment of rosacea and eczema.
- It has marvelous anti-inflammatory qualities as it has plenty of vitamin E.
- High in oleic acid which supports the skin´s capability to retain its firmness and elasticity.
Rice bran oil is safe in most applications, as long as it is used in moderation. Always do a patch test on a small section of skin before applying it to your face and body. There are not enough studies on rice bran oil’s side effects, but if you are allergic to rice, check with your doctor before using rice bran oil.
You can find rice bran oil in our Vata Replenishing Moisturizer, which is great for normal to dry & mature skins.
Rice bran oil is one of our organic ingredients due to its many beneficial properties, but mainly because it will make your skin great. If you don’t know your skin type, take our Dosha quiz or reach out to us and schedule a free online skin consultation, we can help you feel amazing in your own skin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.