Zing to Health
Ginger has been acclaimed for its excellent benefits regarding the digestive system, anti-inflammation properties, and nausea fighting qualities. Although it has been proven that it holds many more attributes if consumed regularly, such as helping with menstrual pain, certain flu symptoms, and even chronic and degenerative diseases like arthritis.
This fantastic tonic root has been used in ancient health systems for over 2,000 years. It mainly grows in warm areas of Asia, its primary producer being India. Ayurveda has had access to ginger’s many benefits since its beginnings and has created plenty of recipes and preparations that take advantage of them.
Here we show you how you can make a delicious tea that will warm you up in cold weather; if you refrigerate it, it will cool you down in hot weather.
Remember this brew is pregnancy-safe, caffeine-free, and calorie-free if you don´t add any sweeteners. Also, it´s an excellent option for the winter holidays as it´s alcohol-free and absolutely delicious!
So, how do you do it?
- Cut about an inch of fresh ginger and slice it into several thin slices.
- Drop the slices of ginger into a saucepan with a cup of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it softly simmer on a lower flame for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sieve (or don´t, it´s up to you!) into a mug.
Extras you can add
Before boiling, you can add:
- Cinnamon for extra heat and extra antioxidants.
- Fresh turmeric for a different taste plus an added digestive booster.
- Fresh mint for a refreshing twist and a bonus metabolism lifter.
After boiling, you can add:
- Honey for a sweet touch and antibiotic properties.
- Maple for a vegan sugary taste.
- An orange round for a citrusy explosion and some vitamin C.
Keep this in your pocket!
Don´t be afraid to try new flavors that you think would go well with ginger. If you do, remember to share on Instagram and tag us with #FAIYOS so we can learn from you and what you do to feel amazing in your own skin!