An Ayurvedic Guide For the Fall
We are now transitioning from the warm summer to the cooler and windier fall. Just as our environment starts to change, Ayurveda can guide us to adapt ourselves too. What we eat, how we exercise, our overall daily routine, etc.
During the fall, Vata dosha will predominate. Its qualities are dry, light, cold, rough, subtle, mobile, and clear or empty. So, to keep our well-being during this transition, we should include qualities that will balance Vata dosha.
Additionally, this is a time when diseases usually arise, so these tips will help you keep healthy and happy as you transition from one season to the other.
What to eat
- Warmer and richer food like root vegetable soups and warm teas -ginger or our star CCF tea (cumin, coriander and fennel). No wonder why during this season, we start to bake delicious pumpkin pies.
- Try to favour sweet, sour and salty tastes. In general, try to eat mushy, cooked, soft foods with some oiliness like ghee.
- Eat steamed vegetables, hearty grains, meat and eggs, and even some dairy.
- Oatmeal, tapioca, cream of rice and cream of wheat will make an excellent breakfast.
- Try to avoid raw and cooler dishes such as salads. Avoid also bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes.
Of course, always listen to what your body needs the most!
How to prepare your body
During this season, it's great to oil your body a bit more since dryness will start to pervade. It is excellent to include abhyanga -daily oil massage-, into your daily routine. You can read more about it here.
Your Fall Skincare Routine
We recommend more than ever to use our "Regenerating Oil" to keep your skin hydrated and well-nourished. Clean your face morning and night with our “Regenerating Oil” or with any other oil you like. Avoid soaps, as they strip off your skin’s natural sebum
Your skin might start requiring a bit more hydration, so you can use more moisturizer or even pump it up with some extra serum. Mix a bit of your serum with an oil-based serum to protect your skin from dryer weather.
Try to keep a good structure in your everyday life. Wake up, go to bed, and have meals at the same time. This structure will help you keep grounded during change.
Practice some gentle yoga, go out for a mild hike and meditate even for a few minutes a day. What is vital is being constant.
We wish you a warm, beautiful, and romantic fall season!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.